Please follow these steps in order to properly set up your Expat911 Application and Services for your smartphone. At the bottom of this step by step guide, you will also find links to tutorial videos should you need any assistance with this guide. The videos show every one of these steps visually which may help you if you come across any issues.
- Download app. Click here to download Android App. Click here to download iPhone App.
- Install Application which will create a logo for Expat911 on your smartphone home page.
- Click logo for Expat911 on homepage to open app.
- Click on Sign Up link on App’s Log In page when App opens.
- Enter First Name, Last Name, Email and Phone Number. Then click Next.
- Enter Date of Birth, Street and Number, Town, Colonia, State, Zip Code and Password. Then Click on Sign Up button to finish registration within App.
- Check your email that you used for registration. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org which has an activation link. The email should arrive within 5 minutes. If you do not find it by then, please check your spam or junk mail folder. Click activation link within email to receive a notification that your email has been successfully activated.
- Now you will have to complete the payment process on our secured website at www.expat911.mx.
- Visit this link Expat911. Use the same information to log in that you used when registering your account on the app.
- Now click on Orders which is shown on the left side of the page. Then click on the Go Shop button. Now choose Add To Cart which is right under the $ 99.00 subscription for our services. Now please click View Cart. Then you will click on Proceed to Checkout.
- Please enter your billing information on the next page.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions and tick the box that says I have read and accept these terms and conditions.
- Now click Continue to Payment. We use Stripe to process our payment securely for our clients. We found it better then Paypal because you do not have to have an account with them. You will just enter your credit card information and click submit.
- Now that the payment has been processed, please open the app and log into the app with your information that you used to create the account. You may receive a pop up at this point which says “Allow Expat911 to access this devices location?” Please click allow as this is very important for when you report your emergencies.
- Now you will finish your profile so that we have all of the information necessary on file when reporting your emergency. Click on the top left corner of the app (3 small lines which is the menu button) to open up the menu. Now click on My Profile. Now click on the top right corner of the page (symbol looks like a pen writing) to edit your profile. Please fill out any information that is blank such as Medical Information and Emergency Contacts. To add more than one contact please click the red + sign on the right side of the first contact to open more contacts to fill out. The first contact is US/Canada and so there is no need to place 001 in front of the number. The next two contacts are Mexico numbers and so please only enter the 10 digit numbers as we know they are for Mexico already. When finished, please click Save Changes (for Android) or Update (for iPhones) at the bottom. Now review all of the information in your profile to be sure that all is correct.
Congratulations!!! You have completed the steps for registering your account properly. At this point we will need you to send a test chat and alert. Until we have confirmed that your phone is set up by our customer service team, you will not be added to the main network. Our customer service hours are from 9 AM to 8 PM PST and 6 days a week from Thursday to Tuesday. Wednesday being the only day that the customer service side is not available. Our emergency operators are 24/7 and 365 days a year, but they do not handle the test chat and test alerts. So please send the word “test” in the chat box, and then click Police and send as an alert during the hours mentioned above. We will answer you back immediately to confirm that you have been set up properly. Then we will add you to the main network. This means that all further chats and alerts will go directly to our emergency operators. So after the test has been confirmed, please only use those features for real emergencies. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
If you have any issues during this set up, please use the links below to see a step by step video tutorial to go along with this guide.
Android Tutorial Video iPhone Tutorial Video